The purpose of the Web page is to present a
summary of both my private and work history introducing who I am, what I did,
where I have been and when, which route I preferred, and how I soared.
In the progress of creating this page, I came to a strong conclusion that I
am quite a curious person and strive to achieve my goals in the most
efficient and straightforward manner.
I am a native Japanese. I graduated
university in Japan, joined NEC Japan and quit,
moved to ASCII Corporation
in Japan, and then started working in USA at Chips & Technologies, ASCII
of America USA, Auctor Corporation, and hired at SanDisk
Corporation. Since I joined NEC, I have been involved in
various LSI (Large Scale Integration)
developments at various companies in both Japan and US.
Our family has been living in Silicon Valley (Sunnyvale & San Jose), CA USA
for 27 years since January 1988. I have been involved in a
semiconductor industry for quite a long time in both Japan and USA as an
all-around technical expert covering broad technical and managerial experience.
Both Japanese and English language are
accessible on this Web page. The context was originally
written in English for easier application and later translated into
Japanese. Translating English to Japanese was no problem.
However, the irritating portion was typing the sentences by Japanese word
processor although I have long term experience of handling Japanese word
processors from its emergence. Taking 4 times as long compared to
typing in English, I began to ponder that perhaps for this reason, Japan is
the third class country in the world concerning software development.
The contents of the page, "Career", will be
appended and updated soon.
It is only about 10% complete by today. In the near future,
interesting story along with pictures introducing the culture difference
between Japan and USA, will be released including:
• Development of standard LSIs for desk-top calculators
• Visiting Olivetti Corporation of America,
• Development of programmable video game LSIs (triggered by Atari's Pong)
• Honey moon to USA and Purchasing Tandy's TRS-80 personal computer
• Development of graphics display controller
technology exchange contract with
• Around the world
• Relationship with ASCII
(Kay Nishi) and
• Development of foremost LSIs in USA
• Communicating with US subsidiaries and the termination
• Stock option and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Culture difference between US and Japanese employees and employers
• Knowledge of tax, Japan versus USA
• Education and student aid in USA
• Dealing in automobile and home in USA
My first Web page was published in 1995 by
using a regular text editor. The work seemed to be a source code
manual editing of Microsoft Word document file with formatting options.
I slowly worked on the page hoping that a certain commercial company would
soon develop and provide a Web page processor similar to existing word
I would be perfectly satisfied with a Web page processor available today if
the support of Japanese language was fully implemented under English Windows
I paid close attention to the followings
while making the Web page:
• Providing hyperlinks as many as possible for easy and knowledgeable
• Well balance of colors, fonts, and sizes for aesthetic pleasure, not
• Documents and pictures provided by Adobe
Acrobat PDF files
Regardless of visitors' recognition, I also
utilized a certain special techniques from my technical interest:
• Applying Active Server Page with Visual Basic Scripts and server
• Interactive software using Java script running on client side
• Availability of Japanese sentence display by regular English
browsers on English windows
• Applying a certain page/document protection
I am also planning to include the following additional technical features:
• Interactive software using Visual Basic script running on server
• Baking cookies
By handling drop down menu, you can go over
entire pages of this relatively big site (over 4 GB).
However, if you
want to directly go to some sort of pages with a lot of internal links and
specific themes inside, I recommend to click the following.
Projects (update in progress)
Internal and external hyperlinks are
clearly discriminated by putting bold attribute for internal
Although the quota in 2001 was only 50MB, this Web site consumes around 4GB disk space
except 0.3GB data space as of today.
This Web page has been created in casual
manner with a certain weird jokes and somewhat strange personal
Original contents had been created in 2001. Most people used 56
kbps Modem with dial-up at that time instead of high speed Internet
connection by DSL or cable availabe now. Therefore, I made an
intensive effort to reduce the file size to be downloaded to my site
visitors. Most files were blurry due to the reason.
I newly made
them clear and crisp, especially most PDF files internally linked, after
long time hibernation. Now, the quota is amazingly unlimitted!!